Infant Professional Development Project In accordance with Bulletin 140, Infant CLASS is being phased into the statewide early childhood network over three years, and Infant CLASS observations will be included in the 2020-2021 Performance Profile ratings, released in fall of 2021.
An Infant Professional Development (IPD) grant was awarded to the Jefferson Parish Public School System and the Jefferson Early Childhood Collaborative by the Louisiana Department of Education to support teachers and prepare them for upcoming Infant CLASS observations in 2019-2020. This grant was made possible by the Preschool Development Grant Birth to Five (PDG B-5), to provide teachers and directors with high-quality, evidence-based professional development specifically targeted toward infant-teacher interactions.
The IPD Project is a tiered approach to professional development for teachers in participating sites. Below is a list of training and coaching services provided, each tier must be completed in the sequence listed, except for myTeachstone.
Infant Toddler CLASS Group Coaching (CGC) - Tier 2
- myTeachstone (blended, face-to-face and web-based)
- Provides teachers the professional development needed to change teaching behaviors through dynamic content that’s based in research, differentiated, and supported by a coach. This is a great alternative for teachers who are not able to make the commitment for CLASS Group Coaching (CGC).
- Dates: Thursday October 17, November 21 and December 19, 2019 (must be present at all face to face sessions)
- Location: 501 Manhattan Blvd. Harvey, 70058
- Time: 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Introduction to CLASS Infant - Tier 1
MyTeachingPartner (MTP) - Tier 3
- CLASS Group Coaching is a training series organized around the Know, See, Do model of professional development for teachers. This training series encourages and supports teachers use of CLASS to explain the impact of specific teacher-child interactions on children's learning, identify effective teacher-child interactions in videos and in their classrooms, and strengthen their teaching practices by integrating more intentional teacher-child interactions.
- Infant Toddler CGC series
- This series will be held on Saturdays from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm at 501 Manhattan Boulevard on the following dates (must attend all 5 sessions):
- October 12 & 26, November 9 & 23, and December 7 (the last session will be held at 822. S Clearview Parkway, Harahan, LA 70123)
- Toddler CGC series
- This series will be held on Tuesday evenings from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm at 501 Manhattan Boulevard on the following dates (must attend all 6 sessions):
- November 5, 12 & 19, December 3, 10 & 17
- Coaches are trained to support teachers one-on-one, using classroom videos to guide learning and self-reflection.
- Please email Project Coordinator for more detail.
Space is limited and priority will be given to full time teachers who work with infants, birth to 15 months of age. Contingent on funding, stipends may be available. If you have any questions or to learn more about stipend availability, please email Lysa Nguyen, Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org