Jefferson Parish Early Childhood Collaborative Network
Registration for Publicly Funded Seats
2019-2020 School Year
Applications are now open for sites with available seats.
Applications must be submitted online at www.jeffersonchild.com through the "Apply Now" button on the top of the home page.
Once families complete the application with child and household information, families will be required to upload several documents, including the following:
Registration for Publicly Funded Programs in Jefferson Parish for children from birth through 4 years of age:
Items Needed to Register your Child:
- Parent/Guardian = driver’s license, state-issued ID, or passport (current, NOT expired)
- Foster parent = DCFS papers
- Grandparent=Legal guardianship papers
- Child’s Birth Certificate (Must be clear copy of original certificate)
- Proof of Residency: One of the following and MUST match parent name on application.
If the proof of residency document is in the name of another adult, that adult must provide dated and signed residency letter certifying that the child and parent(s) live at that address and certifying whether or not they provide support to the child and parent(s).
- Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water ONLY)
- Current legal document issuesd / approved by the US Office of Immigration / Naturalization showing current address
- Current lease (must have date and show name / address of apartment and name of person(s) leasing apartment)
- Current mortgage statement
- Proof of Income (1 or more of the following)
- 2 consecutive check stubs for EACH ADULT ON THE APPLICATION who supports the child; stubs must be issued within 2 months of the date of the application and showing parent/adult name, pay period, hours worked, hourly rate and year-to-date income.
- An official letter from employer on company letterhead stating all of the following:
- Where parent/guardian is employed
- Hourly rate of pay
- The average number of hours parent/guardian works per week
- Date employed and year-to-date income
- Dated and signed Declaration of Income for Irregular Employment Form Download Form
- Letter or certificate showing current status of SNAP/Food Stamps - must include the parent and child names and valid effective dates (Certified through ___)
- A Statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits, which must be accompanied by two current check stubs, for each adult in the household.
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS. Foster parents are NOT required to upload their income, only the DCFS foster care agreement.
- Parents who are unemployed must submit a dated and signed Statement of No Income Form Download Form; this includes stay-at-home moms & stay-at-home dads.
- Parents who are homeless must contact JPPSS Homeless Coordinator at 504-365-5331 or come to 501 Manhattan Boulevard to complete an assessment.
- Current / Updated Immunization Records (Valid State of Loiusiana Universal Certificate of Immunization)
- 2018 Proof of Income (if applicable)
Income tax forms for 2018 (W2, 1040A, 1099) showing parent names and annual income
REQUIRED for parents who are self-employed
REQUIRED for applications to Jeff Cap Birth to Five Programs
- Special Education documentation (IEP / IFSP / Evaluation - only when applicable)
- For Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) applications, upload current CCAP certificate into Proof of Income upload box. A current CCAP certificate is REQUIRED and CCAP certificate must show certification dates and parent and child names.
For additional information, go to: www.jeffersonchild.com/faq
Application Support Options
If you need support to complete your application, please go directly to the school or center where you are applying.
Jeff CAP Head Start Sites
- Avondale Head Start, 178 Millie Drive, Avondale, LA 70094
- Beechgrove Head Start, 721 Tricia Court, Westwego, LA 700674
- Causeway Head Start, 3420 N. Causeway Blvd, Suite B, Metairie, LA 70002
- Clay Street Head Start, 606 Clay Street, Kenner, LA 70062
- Creative Kidz EHS Center, 2141 Barataria Blvd, Marrero, LA 70072
- Jutland HS, 1821 Jutland Drive, Harvey, LA. 70058
- Kenner HS, 200 Decatur Street, Kenner, LA 70062
- Kidz House of Learning, 711 Derbigny Street, Gretna, LA 70053
- Lapalco Head Start, 2001 Lincolnshire Drive, Marrero, LA 70072
- Terrytown Gretna Head Start, 2315 Park Place, Gretna, LA 70056
- Prime Step II Learning Center, 4820 Wabash Street, Metairie, LA 70001
Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership Program Sites
- Candyland Kinder Kollege, 6206 Fourth Avenue, Marrero, LA 70072
- Carlie Care Kids, 2032 Carol Sue Avenue, Terrytown, LA 70056
- Kennedy's Child Care, 715 Franklin Street, Gretna, LA 70053
- Spring Ridge Academy, 520 Jackson Street, Kenner, LA 70062
- Weatherford Academy, 613 4 th Street, Westwego, LA 70094
- Woodmere Learning Center, 2066 Paxton Street, Harvey, LA 70058