Jefferson Early Childhood Collaborative Network
Applications are currently CLOSED
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are expected to open in March.
Please check back for additional information
Publicly funded programs prioritize enrollment for low-income children, children with identified disabilities, children in foster care, and children in families who are experiencing homelessness.
Applications for all publicly funded early care and education programs in Jefferson Parish must be submitted online at www.jeffersonchild.com through the "Apply Now" button on the top of the home page.
Once families complete the application with child and household information, families will be required to upload several documents, including the following:
Items Needed to Register your Child:
- Parent/Guardian = driver’s license, state-issued ID, or passport (current, NOT expired)
- Foster parent = DCFS papers
- Grandparent=Legal guardianship papers
- Child’s Birth Certificate (Must be clear copy of original certificate)
- Proof of Residency: One of the following and MUST match parent name on application.
If the proof of residency document is in the name of another adult, that adult must provide dated and signed residency letter certifying that the child and parent(s) live at that address and certifying whether or not they provide support to the child and parent(s). Download Form
- Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water ONLY)
- Current legal document issued / approved by the US Office of Immigration / Naturalization showing current address
- Current lease (must have date and show name / address of apartment and name of person(s) leasing apartment)
- Current mortgage statement
- Proof of Income (1 or more of the following)
- 2 current and consecutive check stubs for EACH ADULT ON THE APPLICATION who supports the child; stubs must be issued within 2 months of the date of the application, be consecutive, and show parent/adult name, pay period, hours worked, hourly rate, and year-to-date income.
- An official letter signed by employer on company letterhead stating all of the following:
- Where parent/guardian is employed
- Hourly rate of pay
- The average number of hours parent/guardian works per week
- Date employed and year-to-date income
- Dated and signed Declaration of Income for Irregular Employment Form Download Form
- Letter or certificate showing current status of SNAP/Food Stamps - must include the parent and child names and valid effective dates (Certified through ___)
- A statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits. When the enrolling child has SSI, other household income information is not required.
- A statement from the Social Security Administration for any other household member, which must be accompanied by two current check stubs or other income documentation for each adult in the household. If SSI is the parent's only source of income, the parent must upload the SSI certificate and an Irregular Income Form documenting the SSI funds as the only income. Download Form
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS. Foster parents are NOT required to upload their income, only the DCFS foster care agreement.
- Parents who are unemployed must submit a dated and signed Statement of No Income Form Download Form; this includes stay-at-home moms & stay-at-home dads. Households where all the adults are unemployed MUST document source of funds for household expenses.
- Parents who are homeless must contact JPS Homeless Coordinator at 504-365-5331 or come to 501 Manhattan Boulevard to complete an assessment. The Homeless Certificate is then uploaded as proof on income.
- Current / Updated Immunization Records (Valid State of Louisiana Universal Certificate of Immunization)
- 2020 Proof of Income (if applicable)
Income tax forms for 2020 (W2) showing parent names and annual income
REQUIRED for parents who are self-employed
REQUIRED for applications to Jeff CAP Birth to Five Programs
- Special Education documentation (IEP / IFSP / Evaluation - only when applicable)
- For Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) applications, upload current CCAP certificate into Proof of Income upload box. A current CCAP certificate is REQUIRED and CCAP certificate must show certification dates and parent and child names. A CCAP certificate only qualifies the child for a CCAP program.
For additional information, go to: www.jeffersonchild.com/faq